Just for… muggles?
Hipster Witch is in the Big Apple (one of the top homes for muggle hipsters) for a mix of vacation and business.
Therefore, updates are difficult to get around to, so one might not happen again until Thursday.
On a side note, anyone gotten into Pottermore?
In no particular order, here’s what this witch, who also happens to be a hipster, appreciated from the final Harry Potter.
1) The artsy back shot of Severus Snape at the beginning of the movie as he overlooks Hogwarts grounds - as students march - with his cloak billowing in the wind.
2) The scene where Harry, Ron and Hermione run through the battle. It’s silent despite the music and soft battle sounds. Harry saves Hermione from an incoming spell. They hide from the attacking giant, etc. It reminded me a bit of Harry’s silent scream following Sirius’ death in Order of the Phoenix.
3) The Pushing Daisies-like introduction to Snape’s memories. It’s one of the only bits of color in the entire movie, and it was greatly executed and needed (such a dark film).
4) The music. Alexandre Desplat did a great job bringing back unforgettable scores like the one used in the epilogue and the Dumbledore’s death one (used during Snape’s memory bit).
5) Daniel Radcliffe and co.’s acting during the Forbidden Forest scene. If that doesn’t bring you to tears, then you’re no witch, hipster or muggle. Heck, you might be a Death Eater.